Website Wellspring Family Church
Wellspring Family Church (WFC) is a “newly formed” EFCA church in St. Louis. We formed by merging two established congregations in order to be more effective in ministry. Our mission is to Invite Our Communities to Belong and Flourish in Christ. Our passion as a contemporary church is to use the latest technology, resources and music in a creative way to be relevant in reaching our world. We are just getting started in doing what God has called this church to do – and we are committed to a strategy which includes gathering for worship, connecting in groups, equipping to serve and inviting our communities into the life of Christ. This may be your opportunity to be a part of that!
This is a part-time position (15 hrs. weekly – $12,780 annually) specializing in leading praise and worship. This position holds hours during all services and rehearsals with remaining hours (approximately 8 hours) planning for services and building, scheduling and coordinating volunteer teams. The Worship Director will be invigorated by working in a team environment.
The Worship Ministry
WFC is focused on sound biblical teaching and Christ-exalting worship. The Sunday morning experience is the primary time for our church family to worship together. It is also a main entry point for people to invite non-believers, as well as believing friends and neighbors. The worship style is modern, with an appreciation for historical elements that make sense in a modern styled service. The current members of the WFC worship team are talented, experienced and passionate about worship. Our sound and video technology has just been recently updated to accommodate live streaming. There are approximately forty volunteers currently serving in the worship and media ministries.
The Worship Director will:
- be responsible for recruiting & training new volunteers of the worship team(s).
- work closely with our pastors and other worship leaders and music team to plan worship sets for our weekly worship services.
- report to the Church as Family pastor who oversees all directors.
- schedule musicians and vocals for weekly services.
- coordinate weekly rehearsals in preparation for the worship service.
- work to bring creativity into the worship experience by learning new songs and integrating new versions of Christian music and other creative elements.
- work closely with our Sound and Tech teams in coordinating and planning all worship services.
The right person for this job is a leader in all facets of life. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to be a…
- Leader of Leaders – the maturity and skill to lead other leaders and ministry teams: Worship Leaders, Media Director, Video Coordinator.
- Collaborative Leader – the ability to thrive in a working partnership with the Lead Pastor and pastoral team and will demonstrate a “team building” spirit in all facets of the position (church staff consists of three pastors and three parttime staff members).
- Creative Leader – the wisdom to balance innovative creativity with loved traditions at WFC.
- Pastoral Leader – the grace of loving people and shepherding them.
- Platform Leader – the gift of communicating an engaging and appropriate presence from the platform.
- Personal Leader – the integrity to lead oneself exceptionally well by self-managing the different aspects of their personal and private life.
Experience and Education
Preference will be given to the candidate with at least 3-5 years’ experience, who has cultivated worship at similar-sized churches (200 +) and possesses education in theology, Bible and music.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org