Website Garner Evangelical Free Church
Garner Evangelical Free Church
Pastoral Job Description
Job Title: Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
Job Overview: This position will partner with the GEFC pastoral staff and leadership team to provide Biblical discipleship for GEFC. The primary emphasis will be to foster Spiritual growth and maturity of the 5th-12th grade youth, their assimilation into the church body and provide pastoral guidance for parents in their Biblical duties to disciple their children. The role seeks to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ with relevant Gospel application, the equipping of the saints and community connection.
- Must meet the Biblical qualifications of an overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Must fully support and adhere to the Evangelical Free Church of America Statement of Faith
- Demonstrates a mature and ever-growing relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
- The ability to clearly communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all ages
- Teachable with a willingness to learn, a willingness to be held accountable and accept help from others
- A temperament and gifting for relating to and reaching youth and their parents
- Self-starter with a motivation to reach the youth and their parents
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Engage: Acts 17:16-34, 1 Peter 3:15-16
Seek to engage those in the church and the community to gain relationships that can be built upon to bring about opportunities to share the Gospel or provide pastoral discipleship, with an emphasis on the 5th-12th grade youth.
Evangelize: Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16
Share the Gospel in a safe and trustworthy environment to those you have engaged and prepare those that believe on how to become “learners” (disciples) of Jesus.
Establish: Proverbs 22:6, 1 Peter 2:1-3, 1 Peter 5:1-2, 1 Timothy 4:1-11
Teach Biblical commands and doctrines, shepherding those who believe so they do not sway from the Truth and become deceived or waiver in their walk. Encourage youth involvement in the church through intergenerational relationships, volunteering, and serving both in the church and community.
Equip: Ephesians 4:11-16
Encourage believing youth and help them discover and develop their Spiritual gifts for the building up of Christ’s Kingdom. Partner with parents in their Biblical responsibilities to disciple their children through pastoral guidance and connecting them with other ministry leaders.
- Attend weekly staff meeting with Senior Pastor to discuss the ministries and spiritual health of the churc, report on and discuss the youth ministry and pray together
- Meet with and provide a monthly report of activities to the elders
- Be prudent with Youth Ministry finances as set forth in the annual Financial Ministry Plan
- Provide timely response to communication from students, parents and church leadership
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org