Website CrossWinds Church, EFCA
The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee and coordinate ministry for the discipleship of families, youth, and children of CrossWinds | Spencer in conjunction with other CrossWinds Church locations. The purpose is to provide guidance and encouragement to parents, guardians, and family units while championing God-glorifying ministries focused on children and youth. This position will also provide leadership to Outreach Ministry for the purpose of reaching our community with the gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- Lead ministry initiatives that develop and provide resources and support for marriage enrichment and biblical parenting.
- Develop strategies to disciple families and equip parents and guardians to be the primary disciple-makers in their respective homes.
- Support parents and guardians in their role of providing spiritual leadership and training for their children.
- Provide oversight to CrossWinds | Spencer Children’s and Youth Ministries activities, leaders, and volunteers.
- Children’s Ministry: Support, direct, and provide resources for children’s ministries. Coordinate volunteer leaders for children activities in conjunction with other church staff.
- Youth/Student Ministry: Lead the development, growth, and oversight of all youth ministries and activities. Recruit and coordinate Youth Ministry lay leaders.
- Foster an environment of continuity as individuals advance through age-specific ministries.
- Provide support for men’s and women’s ministries in collaboration with CrossWinds staff.
- Provide vision, leadership, and planning for the Outreach Ministry in order to reach and serve the surrounding communities with the gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, train, and assist volunteers who lead and serve in various aspects of Outreach Ministry.
- Coordinate and communicate outreach events with the CrossWinds staff, congregation, and community organizations.
- Build relationships with key community and civic leaders and leaders of community-minded ministries associated with CrossWinds | Spencer.
- Prepare and manage respective ministry budgets.
- Fill the pulpit, assist with worship services, and provide pastoral care, as needed.
- Provide premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals, when requested.
- Must be a male who fulfills the character qualifications and duties for an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- Must be a maturing Christian with a passion to see families, students, and children increasingly transformed into the likeness of Christ.
- Must readily agree with the CrossWinds Church vision, by-laws, beliefs (spencer.crosswinds.tv/our-beliefs), and Fingerprint (spencer.crosswinds.tv/core-values).
- Formal theological education is strongly preferred; master’s level seminary education or equivalent is desired.
- Must be ordained or willing to seek ordination in the EFCA.
Reports to and is reviewed by the CrossWinds | Spencer Campus Pastor in conjunction with the CrossWinds Church Executive Pastor. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org